Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Teenagers!

I've SO slacked on this blog...i'll do better, I promise! And unlike most
teenagers, I really will do better :). I have teenagers, can you tell? I
have 3 to be exact. People will tell you that the teen years are tough, but
you really have no idea until you're in them. Emotional, irrational,
sometimes dishonest, lazy and excuse making machines that they are...
it can be tough. Not to mention that THEY. KNOW. EVERYTHING!
Don't get me wrong, I love my teenagers. It's fun to see them grow up,
make good choices, be good examples and have that friendship start to
grow with your children that you will have with them as adults. We get
to hang out with our teenagers and talk about life, about how the effect
that choices at this age can ripple throughout their lives, we can talk
about t.v. shows that aren't cartoons, movies, jokes, dating...things
that you can't talk about with younger kids. Teenagers have their up
side too, they can be pretty funny when they're not trying to be super
cool.
The teen years really are a roller coaster ride, one minute you're
laughing or having a normal conversation and the next...crying,
yelling, mouth hanging open from the ridiculous thing they just said,
or having to control your natural urge to take off your shoe and beat
them with it!
(I never would or have laid a hand, or shoe on my kids...but lets be
honest, the urge is there with teenagers!).
Parents of babies, young children, tweens...prepare yourselves! Buy a
5 point safety harness and strap in, it's going to be a bumpy ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment