Monday, March 1, 2010

3:30...the crazy hour

I'm always surprised at just how crazy life gets right around 3:30! I went from being a single mom with 2 kids..fast forward 2 1/2 years to me being a mom of 6 kids! Wow and I thought I was busy before. I have one kid on a computer doing a report, one on my floor doing homework, my almost 2 year old climbing around my bed yelling about wanting to draw and 2 others in and out with almost constant questions...whew, is it bedtime yet? Or the better question might be...what's for dinner?
Does anyone else ever wake up with Nick Jr. songs in their head? I do every single morning...Yo Gabba Gabba, Wow wow wubzy, Backyardagains....you name it, it's running through my head in the morning. It's interesting to see the effect us having a baby has had on our household. When she was born we had kids ranging from 8 to 17. All of our kids now sing Yo Gabba Gabba songs and have no problem sitting through many episodes...I LOVE this! When I think about all the garbage on t.v. I'm very thankful that my kids are happy watching "kiddie" shows and singing songs about the weather, not biting their friends and being brave :). This little girl has really brought our family together, she's got everyone wrapped around her finger. There's not many things better than seeing every kid in the house grinning from ear to ear and laughing because there's a little girl dancing in the room!
I think my 15 minutes of "sitting" are up...i've got to prepare something for dinner, family night and if I'm lucky i'll get the folded laundry that's been sitting on my chair for 4 days put away!

No comments:

Post a Comment